Ryde Council Trial 16 New Dog Off-Leash Areas
The following 3 sections are taken from the Ryde Council website.
Park off-leash areas
Specific areas within the following parks will be trialled as dog off leash areas.
- Carara Reserve – Goodwin Street, Ryde
- Kotara Park – Abuklea Road, Marsfield
- Waterloo Park – Vimiera Road, Marsfield
- ELS Hall Park – Kent Road, North Ryde
- North Ryde Common – Twin Road, North Ryde
- Denistone Park – Terry Road, Denistone
- Olympic Park – Potts Street, Ryde
- Cudal Reserve – Henry Street, Ryde
- Putney Park – Pellisier Road, Putney
Sportsground Off Leash Areas
The following sportsgrounds will be trialled as dog off-leash areas when organised sport is not occurring.
- Peel Park – Morrison Road, Gladesville
- Santa Rose Park – Quarry Road, North Ryde
- Forrester Park – Vimiera Road, Eastwood
- Brush Farm Park – Lawson Street, Eastwood
- Fontenoy Park – Fontenoy Road, Macquarie Park
- Darvall Park – Chatham Road, Denistone
- Pidding Park – Cressy Road, Ryde
Rules for off-leash areas
- All dogs using the area must be accompanied and supervised by a competent person
- All dogs using the area must be able to be controlled without a leash, i.e. return to handler on command
- Maximum of four dogs per person
- Off-leash activities will be permitted only in the designated area approved by Council
- Dogs are only permitted in the off-leash area as indicated on the sign posts at each off-leash area
- Dogs that are declared dangerous by Council and aggressive and restricted dogs as indicated under the NSW Companion Animals Act 1998 are not permitted to use the off-leash area
- Dog owners/controllers must remove all dog faeces deposited by the dog under their control
- Dogs must not be encouraged to attack
- Dog owners are liable under legislation if their dog attacks a person or animal
Some Dog Off-Leash In Our Surrounding Suburbs:
Battersea Park, Battersea Street.
Elkington Park, Cnr Glassop Street and Fitzroy Avenue
Thornton Park – Birchgrove Oval
Johnson St Reserve (Before 10.00am, after 4.00pm)
Birrong Park, Whitehorse Point
Illoura Reserve, Weston Street (before 12.30pm, after 5.00pm)
Punch Park, Wortley Street (before 10.00am, after 4.00pm)
Datchett Reserve, Datchett Street (before 10.00am, after 4.00pm)
Ann Casman Reserve, Elliot Street
Mort Bay Park, McKell Street
Lysaght Park, Byrne Avenue.
Cintra Park, Gipps Street.
Majors Bay Reserve, Cnr Norman & Nullawarra Avenues.
Powells Creek Reserve, end of Victoria Avenue.
Drummoyne Park, Bayswater Street.
St.Georges Crescent Reserve, Cnr Thornley Street and St Georges Crescent.
Charles Heath Reserve, Queens Road.
Five Dock Park, Ingham Avenue.
Storey Park, Lyons Road.
Timbrell Park, Henley Marine Drive.
Murphy’s Paddock, Boronia Park
Clarkes Point, Merrington Pl, Woolwich Only before 9.30am on weekdays
Gladesville Reserve, Huntleys Point Rd, Hunters Hill
Tarban Creek Reserve, Manning Rd, Hunters Hill
Riverglade Reserve, Manning Rd, Hunters Hill (opposite Tarban Creek over boardwalk)
Blackman Park, Penrose St, foreshore areas and open playing fields when games are not in progress.
Stringy Bark Creek Reserve, open field areas.
Northwood Reserve, Northwood Rd.
Ronald Avenue Reserve, Greenwich
Greendale Park, Glenview St, Greenwich.
Newlands Park, Newlands St, Wollstonecraft.
Gore Creek Oval, open playing fields when organised games are not in progress.
Tambourine Bay Reserve, Tambourine Bay Rd, Riverview.
Gamma Road Reserve, adjacent to Lane Cove Country Club
Woodford Bay Park, foreshore area, Northwood.
Tantallon Oval, Lane Cove, when organised games are not in progress.
Cunningham’s Reach, Burns Bay Rd.
Pottery Green, Phoenix & Little Sts, when organised games are not in progress.
Kingsford Smith Oval, Kenneth & William Edward Sts, when organised games are not in progress.
Blenheim Park, Epping & Benheim Rds, North Ryde